Continuação na apresentação dos conjuntos referidos em (1): «Conjunto de 6 chávenas + pires de café – património histórico de Macau». Hoje, o referente às «Ruínas de S. Paulo”

copos-e-pires-de-cafe-ruinas-de-s-paulo-iCopo – «Ruínas de S. Paulo», na embalagem de esferovite, com plástico 
copos-e-pires-de-cafe-ruinas-de-s-paulo-iiCopo de forma cilíndrica: 5 cm de diâmetro e 5,2 cm de altura
(asa lateral: 2 cm)
copos-e-pires-de-cafe-ruinas-de-s-paulo-iiiPires – diâmetro 12, 5 cm
(base: 7, 5 cm)

THE RUIN OF ST. PAUL´s, as seen from the barbou ror any of the points on the ridge to the south of the colony, is the most striking object in the view of Macao.
The celebrated Church of St. Paul dedicated to Our Lady the Mother of God – “Nossa Senhora, Mãe de Deus” erected (1594-1602) by the Jesuit Fathers, whose Seminary of St. Paul, during the 17 th century, earned a well-deserved reputation as a celebrated seat of learning and political influence, – was built entirely by Portuguese aassisted by japanese Roman Catholic converts who, exiled from their country were conveyed to macao for safety. The corner stone bears the following inscription: «Virgini Magnae Matri Civitas Macensis Libens Posuit na 1602»
(Dedicated with love to the Great Mother by the City of Macao)
In 1835 the whole building was destroyed by fire, and in 1838 the side wall, though of great thickness, was considered unsafe and cut down to a ehight of 25 feet, and later razed altogether. The flight of granite steps leading uo to the entrance is very imposing, and legend states that beneath them exist vaults containing treasure. These subterranean passages are said to connect with the Monte Fort. (Retirado do panfleto turístico – “A Visitors´Handbook to Romantic Macao”, editado pela Direcção das Obras dos Portos, Macau, em 1928, 2.ª edição, 40 p.)
copos-e-pires-de-cafe-ruinas-de-s-paulo-iv(1)  https://nenotavaiconta.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/conjunto-de-6-chavenas-pires-de-cafe-patrimonio-historico-de-macau/